1 lb lean ground beef
1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 package of taco seasoning mix
1 jar (16 oz) Chunky salsa
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 jar (1 lb) Alfredo pasta sauce
4 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (1 lb)
16 uncooked lasagna noodles
1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in beans and taco seasoning mix.
2. Spray 4 to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread 3/4 cup of the salsa over bottom. Stir in remaining salsa and tomato sauce into beef mixture.
3. In small bowl, mix pasta sauce and 3 cups of the cheese.
4. Layer 4 lasagna noodles over sauce in slow cooker, breaking noodles as necessary to fit. Top with half of the pasta sauce mixture, spreading evenly.
5. Repeat layering with 4 noodles remaining pasta sauce mixture, remaining 4 noodles and remaining beef mixture.
6. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
7. Sprinkle 1 cup remaining cheese over top. Cover; cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Side note: I put in a can of diced tomatoes in the beef mixture sometimes...And of course you can make it as hot as you want by buying the hotter salsa and taco seasoning...