Thursday, August 27, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise about 1/8 inch thick
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the Alfredo sauce and milk. Spread 1/4 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Then layer 1/3 of the potatoes over the sauce in the dish. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the ham, broccoli and 1 1/2 cups of the Swiss cheese. Mix well and spread 1/3 of this mixture over the potatoes in the baking dish. Then top with another layer of potatoes, followed by the ham mixture, finally topping all with the remaining Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese. Pour the remaining Alfredo sauce over all.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degree C) for additional 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- chicken breast boiled with bone in skin on (to make good broth) i also put onions, celery and seasoning in this to boil with the chicken. Do not throw out broth.
- 1 can of rotel
- 1lb of velveeta its the smaller one (i get the 2% less fat)
- 1lb of spaghetti noodles (may not use all of it watch it as u mix in)
- celery salt
- cream of chicken
- broth from boiled chicken
- cube velveeta and mix with rotel prepare as you would cheese dip ( i do it in the microwave)
- shred chicken in to a large pan on top of stove.
- Meanwhile boil spaghetti noodles in the reserved chicken broth. When you drain this you will need to save it again.
- Mix the cheese dip, cream of chicken, a few dashes of celery salt, noodles (eyeball it), and as much chicken broth as it needs to all mix easily if that makes since.
- bake at 350 for about 30 minutes
- Serve with saltine crackers and green beans
- Call me if something doesnt make since I always make this recipe by heart I dont have it written down hope I didnt leave something out. lol
Friday, August 14, 2009
3 C ricotta cheese
3 C shredded mozzarella cheese (plus some extra to sprinkle on top)
1lb ground beef
2 jars Prego Spaghetti Sauce (I prefer three cheese or traditional)
12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
Mix ricotta, mozzarella and eggs in a med sized bowl. Set aside. Brown ground beef and pour off fat. Stir in Prego sauce.
Prepare two 2quart shallow baking dishes by spreading a thin layer of sauce mixture over the bottom of each. Next layer the lasagna noodles over the sauce. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the noodles. Repeat these layers once more in each dish.
Top the last layer w/remaining sauce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and mozzarella.
Bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Serves approx 10-12.