Thursday, August 27, 2009

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Noticed yall got some roasts so I figured I'd try to give yall my recipe for the crockpot the only problem is I dont know the measurements but I will try to tell you anyway!
1 pot roast
1 onion chopped into strips
1 bell pepper chopped into strips
3 sticks of celery chopped
little bit of oil
2 beef boullion cubes
worchestshire (sp???)
soy sauce
some potatos peeled and quartered
carrots cut into whatever size you prefer
(usually use a couple cups of potatos and carrots)
pepper
garlic
cajun
onion powder
1. Heat oil in a sjillet on medium high heat,
2. Genorously season both sides of roast with the pepper, garlic, cajun, and onion powder ( and whatever other seasoning you think would be good on it lol)
3. Brown both sides of roast in heated pan then place in crockpot
4. Suate onions, peppers, and celery in pan. Make sure to scrap up all the leftover browned bits from the roast. Pour into crockpot.
5. Top with potatoes and carrots.
6. Add about 5 good shakes of the wochestshire and soy sauce. And about 2 cups of water
7. Add beef boullion cubes
8. then season whole pot with garlic, pepper, salt, whatever else you have lol.
9. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high gor 4-6 hours
10. I seperate my roast and veggies after its done. I shred the roast up on a plate. Then Jackson makes gravy with the roast drippings.
serve with crescent rolls, mac and chees, and green peas talk about comfort food

No comments:

Post a Comment